Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Love: Ikat

Ikat is the word.

It is a tradition woven material, often silk. I'm into it. Some of the best come from Uzbekistan these days. You can buy it direct by the yard (if you are crafty. I am not) or in the form of things like pillow cases.

Speaking of pillow cases, I really dig this idea. You. Frame. The. Pillow. Cases.

Just delightful. 

It is also pretty baller on furniture. 

Check out these slipper chairs.

I like these next two. The frames say "Tradtional," but the fabric says "Party." 


Am I right or am I right? 
I like the framing idea. For a couple of reasons. 1) It seems easy. 2) It's cheaper than recovering or  reupholstering, and adds a major pop of color without having to purchase another piece of furniture. 

1 comment:

  1. Pic 2 chairs are from Pier One? I have their cousins in my living room.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought!