Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Home for a Year

The longest I have ever lived in a one place (besides my own childhood home) has been two years. Max. I never realize how much of a gypsy I have become until it is time to move again. I lived in about 4 different places in Boston, then Turkey, then Boston again, a New Mexico reservation, and a small farming town in Alabama. It's time to move again! This time, about 45 miles north to Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama (Roll Tide??).

It has been a little over 3 years since I've lived anywhere with a movie theater or more than 4 places to eat or anywhere to buy clothing, so I am beyond excited with this move.

The tornadoes in Tuscaloosa happened only a few weeks ago, but already the city is rebuilding. My little house is in an area that suffered a ton of damage. I'll try to post pictures of some of it soon. I had to move for work, and was lucky to find this place! It is a very old home, but has a lot of charm.

Over the past few years, I have tried to perfect the art of making somewhere I'm going to stay for only a short time into something that feels like home. With significantly less room than where I've lived previously, this house is a challenge, but I'm going to document the changes as I make them. Hopefully I will come up with something quite livable for a year.

Here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought!