Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Real Home: Decision Time

 Hey, remember this photo?
This is the nook. Remember the nook? 


 

And it is sooo beige right now. So vanilla. Which isn't terrible. But it isn't great. 

I'd like to get a few things here. 
1. Bench 
2. Comfy Chair

I don't actually need both. Maybe one or the other. Or maybe both. Whatever. It's fine. Stop yelling.

Here are my limitations:
1. I have to lift and move it by myself 
2. It has to fit into the Pathfinder
3. I'm poor. 
4. Seriously. I'm so poor, you guys.
So, here is what I did. I went to TJ Maxx. I took pictures of things. Things that I liked. And things that were terrible. The former, so I could think each item through. The latter, so we could make fun of them together. 


 Here are two armchair options. 
Gray armchair, Cream armchair, and Ottoman.
 

 So Gray Armchair is up first. 

Pros:
It's gray. 
It's a darker color, so it won't show dirt or stains as much in the future. 
In my next house/apartment, it could go with anything, even if I change my mind on brighter colors. 
It matches the living room rug PERFECTLY. (cream, gray, sage green, robin's egg blue) 
Cons:
It's gray. 
It doesn't go with the rug I have in the nook right now. 


 Your turn, Cream Armchair. 

Pros:
 It's a lovely cream color
Goes well with the rug I have in the nook now. 
I can bring in any other color by adding to it 
It would match the red leopard bench. (we'll talk about that later)
Cons:
It's cream, and will show dirt, stains, etc.(especially with how often I move)
It's cream
It does with that cute ottoman...LOOK AT THE OTTOMAN.

 Here's a little thing. A little chair with a little something.
The thing though: I have a slipper chair already. With a modern leaf-type pattern. 
This is robin's egg blue (which I do like these days)
The floral looks old. 
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
OK...so probably not this one.

 Alright. It's bench time. 
The Contenders:

Red Leopard with Nail-head Trim
Pros:
It has nail-head trim. I love that ish. 
It's leopard. And in another life I maybe was some sort of big game hunter. So I dig it. 
If I get it, I can finally introduce some RED into the room. 
It's a pattern (see: not beige) 
It would go with the Cream Armchair
Cons:
I mean...it's leopard. 
Nothing else in the room is red right now. 
It doesn't go with the living room rug (If I end up using that one for they gray chair)
It doesn't go with the gray chair and I like the gray chair.

 Leather Bench
hahaha. Just kidding. What am I - a bachelor in the 1980s? 
Although, I wonder if it comes with the empty plastic bag...

Here was the other bench option. 
Beige. Safe. Nail-head trim. Goes with stuff. Yawn.

Velour Purple Bench!
 Earlier, when we talked about the ridiculous things I took pictures of? This is my favorite. 
It is a velour purple bench.
Velour, friends. 
And there are two of them!



Here's this pillow. 
It's regular leopard. It's smaller than a normal pillow.

And this one has a pattern. It's embroidered, which is nice. 

Sorry. I got fatigued near the end there.

I have a lot to think about.

I'll probably go back tomorrow night or Friday, so if any of these things were sold, I guess that makes my life easier.

Crossing my fingers the purple benches are still available!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, why doesn't MY HomeGoods have great stuff like this?! Seriously now.

    That gray armchair is where it's at, and if you don't buy it, I will.

    Stop questioning the logistics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't even HomeGoods! It's just regular old TJMAxx. Ugghghhh I like the gray armchair. But I like the cream one too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought!