Sunday, July 10, 2011

Real Home: Decision Made!

Last week, I showed you some options for the nook.


After a successful stripping, priming, and painting of a bookshelf (that post will be up shortly) and the fact I'm halfway through a (so far) successful refinishing/staining table project, I've decided that I want to tackle reupholstering those two chairs. God help us all.

So if that ever actually happens, I'm thinking black high gloss paint for the wood and a bright pattern for the cushion (that post will come later with several fabric options).

Here are the chairs. Please ignore le mutt in the foreground. 

What this means for the nook is that I'm going to need to hold off on purchasing a bench/chair for it.

I still, however, needed additional seating for my living room. A few of you weighed in, in various ways, with your picks and opinions and you are all wonderful and smart and fashionable. I decided to go with...(drum roll please)...



The Gray Armchair!




  Here was the little picture window corner before:
 I had my plant, my little vintage table and the slipper chair. It was fine, but not like...AWESOME.

 And here it is after!
 I moved the armchair into the corner, moved the table to the side, and added some additional treasures/tchotchkes to the table. I also put two of my red picture boxes with stationary and other craft supplies underneath. Perfect storage opportunity, for the win. And...AND...I got to introduce some red into the mix. So, you know, big moves were made there.
Boom!

Good call on this one. It really is very comfortable. 

In the window, I'm seeding some of my little plants. 
(Front left to right: Red Peppers, Beefsteak Tomatoes, Strawberries)

 I moved the slipper chair to the other side, and added a folding table on the side. 
I now use it to pile my stuff on top of when I get home. 
BAM!


 And here's a view of living room looking into the kitchen. 
Ignore the disaster in the rest of the room. 
(You can see a sneak peek of the beginning of my wall gallery and newly painted bookshelf there on the left!)
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought!