Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Reading Nook

So, in the living room, I wanted a place to be able to lounge and read where the TV wasn't the focus. The living room itself is super small, so I thought it would be nice to have to separate areas, each with a different feel (the other side, I'll post soon!)

I got a really gorgeous and comfy plush beige rug and put two thrift store chairs on either side of the window. I had the bookshelf from when I lived in Boston and piled in as many books as possible. (Along with, my FAVORITE, photo boxes to store stationary and other tchotchkes in an aesthetically pleasing way.) Add some Ralph Lauren woven pillows and we've got a little something going on here I think.

I'm thinking about putting a large overstuffed chair or maybe a loveseat between the chairs. I really want to put some floor cushions down, but I'm afraid my dog, Henry, would immediately fur them. Either way, it needs more color.

bookshelf - ikea, chairs & candle holder - thrift, rug - target, dog, pillows - ralph lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought!